The gardens, laid out around the Hall and church, extend to around 15 acres and comprise formal and woodland gardens as well as the ornamental and productive walled garden. The formal garden leads from the Hall down towards the lake with sections designed by Bunny Guinness.
Inside the 400-year-old walled garden grows an abundance of fruit, vegetables and flowers from the cutting garden. Contained within it are also various glasshouses, one of which contains the largest privately owned and second-oldest grapevine in Britain, planted in 1868. We will be celebrating the 150 year anniversary of the planting of the vine during 2018.